It's one of my favorite times of the year... fresh produce season! And being in one of the nation's best areas, we're in the perfect place to head out and pick our own! If you go to any of these farms or "like" their Facebook pages, it would be FANTASTIC if you let them know that Grand Haven, Muskegon & Spring Lake Macaroni Kid sent you!
Tips when heading out to pick your own produce:
- Dress comfortably, wear loose clothing to stay cool with plenty of water. Tennis shoes are the best choice and of course, sunscreen and hats are a must! Also consider adding insect repellent to your list.
- Bring your own containers. Many farms offer them already but you don't want the weight of the produce to smash what's on the bottom. We recommend larger, flat containers. Due to COVID, many farms are not providing picking containers.
- Bring your camera, capturing memories like this are special and completely worth saving!
- Have fun!
For reference, you can expect to see farms opening for:
- Strawberries in June
- Blueberries in from July through September
- Cherries in July into August
- Raspberries from July through September
Check out these LOCAL U-Pick Berry (& Cherry) Farms
Always confirm produce availability and operating hours before heading to the farm. Farm hours and product availability changes frequently.
🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸
Check out these other great local guides for your Summer Fun!
🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸