Purchasing a home is exciting, scary, nerve-wracking, fun, and a slew of other emotions all wrapped up into one. Whether you're a first time home buyer or an experienced buyer, there's always something to learn about the home buying process. And, who you have helping you along the way can have a big impact on your overall experience. Here are some fun facts about buying a home:
- It doesn't cost you to have a buyer's agent (Realtor) representing you! In most situations, the seller's agent covers the cost of the real estate professionals involved in the transaction. While there might be a small administrative fee (usually under $300) if you purchase a house, that's a very small investment to have a professional advocating for your best interest and helping you navigate the home buying process.
- Pre-approvals are important. By talking with a mortgage loan professional, you will learn what type of loan(s) you qualify for, how much of a down payment you will need to have ready, and what your price range is. And, when you're ready to make an offer on a house, being pre-approved for a loan makes your offer stronger as the seller knows you are all set with financing.
- As a buyer, you make the decisions that are right for you and your family. A real estate professional will tell you your options and educate you on the various aspects of those options. With this information, you will be able to decide which options are best for your family and be making informed decisions every step of the way.
- Even if you're not quite ready to buy a home, it's never too early to chat with a real estate professional. Planning ahead will help you get things in place for when the timing is right. You can learn about your financing options, how much you need to have for a down payment and other costs associated with purchasing a home so you can start (or continue) saving, and you can start to plan for what type of home you'd like in the future.
- Having a team of professionals working with you can help make the journey to finding a home a bit smoother, and hopefully bring some fun and joy along the way.
Want to learn more? Download a FREE buyer's guide with information on the home buying process, mortgage pre-approvals, and more! Ready to get started on your home buying journey? Contact Sarah Boucher, Realtor with City2Shore Foundations.