My kids have big hearts. They are always wanting to make things to give to other people. Here's a great way to make a quick (and easy!) craft that anyone on your kids' list will love to receive!
What you'll need:
- Empty toilet paper or paper towel rolls
- Wrapping paper
- Colored ribbon
- Assorted small candies
- Clear tape
Mom tip: You can use your wrapping paper and ribbon scraps or odds and ends of pieces -- saves money and helps keep your wrapping supplies stash neat and clean!
- Fill each tube with the candies of your choice.
- Wrap the tube with wrapping paper by rolling a piece around the tube and securing with a piece of tape in the middle. Be sure to leave about 2-3 inches of paper extending past each side of the tube.
- Tie the excess paper at each end of the tube with ribbon. The ribbon should be tied close to the end of the tube to secure the candy inside.
- If you'd like, you can curl the ribbon with scissors for an extra festive look.
Don't want to fill the tubes with candy? Consider alternatives such as trinkets/toys, healthy snacks, or notes the kids hand write to the recipient.
🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸
Macaroni Kid is a free weekly e-newsletter, online calendar, and website proudly serving families in the Grand Haven, Spring Lake, and Muskegon areas.
Do you have an event you want listed? Submit your information HERE!
Want to advertise your locally-owned business? Email us at email@example.com