Daylight Savings Time is ending! I don't know how the time flies so fast (pun intended!) I'm a busy mom, and while I know in the back of my head there are certain things that I should do to keep my house in tip top shape and to prepare for the pending winter, it's inevitable that if I don't have a "to do" list, those things won't get done. So, the time change is the perfect time to check a few things off this list:
1. Change your clocks: Set your clocks forward 1 hour at 2am on Sunday, March 14th. -- mom tip: change them after the kids fall asleep so you don't have to get up in the middle of the night!
2. Change the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors and test them -- although warmer weather is upon us (soon), it's still important to have working detectors -- your stove and your dryer can be hazards just like a furnace! And, in my house, the kids know when the bacon is done cooking when the smoke detector goes off!
3. Check and fill your windshield washer fluid and change your windshield wiper blades -- it's important to have a clear view of the road to keep your family and others on the road safe
4. Organize your medicine cabinet - discard any expired medication and restock your cabinet
5. Clean your oven -- let's face it, it's a chore most of us don't enjoy, but we only really need to do it twice a year, right?!?!?!
6. Clean out your garage - get rid of things that have been piling up all winter
7. Check your spring and summer clothes stash -- turns out my kids had major growth spurts and nothing fit! Don't find yourself scrambling last minute for shorts and t-shirts when we finally get warmer weather
8. Consider having your dryer vent cleaned -- not only will it reduce your drying time (bonus for those of us who do LOTS of laundry), it will also reduce the risk of a dryer fire.
🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸
Macaroni Kid is a free weekly e-newsletter, online calendar, and website proudly serving families in the Grand Haven, Spring Lake, and Muskegon areas.
Do you have an event you want listed? Submit your information HERE!
Want to advertise your locally-owned business? Email us at email@example.com